Welcome to the wonderful world of The City! This program is a tool that our church is using to accomplish several purposes:
1. It allows us to have up-to-date information on our congregation which is maintained and updated by the users.
2. It gives us the ability to send all-church emails and ensures that we have the correct email addresses for our congregation.
3. It enables group leaders and groups to stay in contact, pray for one another, discuss issues, and plan activities.
4. It encourages people to stay connected with one another between our Sunday meetings.
The benefits of The City are overwhelming, and it has already been utilized very effectively in several segments of our congregation. So, if you haven’t joined The City, then you need to do so in the next couple of weeks. Here are a few helpful tips:
1. You will type in your email address to the computers at our new welcome center. The City will send you an invitation. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Access your email at home and accept the invitation. This will bring you to Willow Creek’s home page on the City.
3. Create your profile. This will mean choosing a username (your choice!), password, and other vital information.
4. Make sure to click “add addresses” to enter your address. Find the box that says “proximity” and change it to public. This allows your fellow Creekers to have access to your information. Also, click “add family members” and type in the names of your spouse and children.
5. When you are finished, save the changes, click “My profile,” then click “edit profile.” Go down the page and click “My skills.” Check the boxes which apply. We will access this information when we need helpers in various areas of the ministry.
6. Important: Every person in your family (13 and above) needs to have his/her own account. Joint accounts do not work on this program.
Spend some time checking out the features of the program. We are sure you will enjoy its benefits in helping to keep our church informed and connected!